Here’s how I customised my soft keys to launch SecondToday instead of Phone. I already have a hard key for phone.
I just read this article on using compressed air to cool a memory chip so it will retain data even power is been cut off.
A video can be found here on the process and on why colder memory chip will retain data longer. By retaining the data, you can do a dump of the data and extract the cryptographic keys. They were able to extract keys for BitLocker, TrueCrypt, FileVault and dm-crypt.
The attack is not exploiting weakness of the encryption software but due to the fact that the keys have to be stored in memory. Encrypting the key in memory don’t really help, you still need to store that key that encrypts somewhere !
Do you ever notice you keep getting missed calls too ? It’s either the tight fitting case decided to touch Ignore on the screen while you are pulling out your phone or you just can’t pick up the phone on time.
By default, HTC Touch Pro comes with .Net Compact Framework 2, I have to install 3.5 to get certain applications working. Here’s a tweak to enable 3.5 by default instead of 2.
What you need to do:
1. Install NetCF3.5 on your ppc.
2. Open a registry editor, I use Reso Regsitry Editor
3. Goto HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework (this is usually the first entry
4. When you open this you’ll see all the .NET installed version change the DWORD value of 2.0.7045.00 from 1 to 0
5. Chang ethe DWORD value of 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1.
7.Viola! you have a faster PPC